As alumni of one of the most esteemed universities in the nation, we believe it is vital that we take what we have learned during our years at the University of Illinois and give back to the local community. One of the ways that you can do this is by becoming actively involved in the D.C. Illini's philanthropy and outreach efforts right here in our nation's capital. We are committed to providing opportunities for alumni to become engaged in meaningful philanthropic and outreach efforts within the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
In the past we have served in a variety of ways, including:
- Participating at Big 10 Day of Service
- Volunteering at DC Central Kitchen
- Serving at N Street Village Women's Shelter in Washington, D.C.
- Raising funds for the annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
- Picking up wreaths after the holiday season at Arlington National Cemetery
If you are interested in helping with philanthropy and outreach events or have any questions please contact Kesha Bulter, DC Illini Philanthropy Coordinator.