National Institutes of Health Tour
Join local University of Illinois alumni as they tour the nation's medical research agency, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda MD. The NIH is the largest source of funding for medical research in the world, creating hundreds of thousands of high-quality jobs by funding thousands of scientists in universities and research institutions in every state across America and around the globe--to include the University of Illinois at both the Chicago campus and Urbana-Champaign campus.
- To reserve your place on this tour, click HERE
- To purchase or renew your membership, please click here.
We'll meet on Friday, December 12, 2014 at 1:45pm and our tour will begin at 2pm. While there, we will receive an overview of the NIH followed by a tour of the Clinical Center. The tour will conclude at approximately 3:30pm. At that time, you may choose to depart or join the group for coffee at one of the NIH cafeterias. Please note that the NIH is only open to the public during normal weekdays.
- Details about where to meet will be sent to those who sign up for the tour.
- Prior to entering the NIH Campus, you must read the following information: http://www.nih.gov/about/visitorsecurity.htm
- Additional information about the NIH tour: http://www.nih.gov/icd/od/ocpl/VIC/index.htm
- Any questions regarding NIH entry logistics can be sent to Bonnie Maidak.
Note: Parking is extremely difficult to find at the NIH. It is highly recommended that attendees take the Red Line on the Metro to the "Medical Center" stop.